Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Bite


Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about food.  Maybe I have invaded your kitchen and nosily hung over your shoulder as you prepared an entire meal.  Maybe you have had the unfortunate pleasure of being with me at a restaurant as I tediously decide what to order. Or maybe you have been the victim of one of my nutritional nuances when you’re drinking a soda or eating a Big Mac. I have an insatiable curiosity and “hunger” if you will, when it comes to learning about food and I love sharing that knowledge with others.  I want to know the what, where, when and why of everything edible.  I am always exploring, experiencing, experimenting or seeking something to tingle my taste buds.  

It’s all because I love food.  And you know what?  I’m not the only one…Everybody loves food.  On a very basic level, we need it to live.  In a more complex way, food defines our cultures, our celebrations, our holidays, our societies and our lifestyles. However, it seems people are starting to lack a true understanding of food and how it relates to health.  Not only am I always focused on food, but it is also important to understand how it affects overall well-being.  The basic principles of eating and wellness are simple.  And if you are like me, and the overwhelming age of technology has stripped you of your attention span, you can only process information in small doses. This idea has served as the foundation of A Better Bite- to present eating and wellness tips in small bites that you can actually chew.   

A Better Bite will explore the way we eat and interact with food.  By sharing cooking, eating, drinking and health tips we can rekindle our love affairs with food, and be healthier.  Ultimately, the idea is that you take each “bite” of information, “digest it” and redefine your culinary consumption, one bite at a time.  

I hope you enjoy every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment