Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Toffee Triangle Cookies

Tis the season to bake cookies and boy, do I bake some cookies.  Holiday baking has been an obsessive hobby of mine since I was very, very little.  I take pride in accurately measuring each ingredient and decorating every single cookie to perfection.  Ironically, this only pertains to holiday baking.  Any other time of the year, I have no patience for the precision that is required for the art of baking.  That being said, I try to take advantage of my inclination when it strikes.  Every year around this time, I wrap up my final exams, put on some holiday tunes and turn my kitchen into my own personal rendition of Santa's bake shop.  Every single recipe I make is very special to me; most of them are passed down from my Oma and have become holiday staples in my mother's kitchen, year after year.  This is only my humble interpretation of my mom's cookies, which always seem to turn out better than mine, simply because they are made with so much love. 

What makes this bite better?
Love.  Lots and lots of love.


 Toffee Triangles 
1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Approximately 1 cup chopped walnuts
1 egg yolk
2 cups of flour
10-12oz Chocolate (milk, dark or a combo!)
Sea Salt

Mix together butter and brown sugar then add the egg yolk and vanilla.  Add flour.  Grease a large cookie sheet with butter and then press dough evenly into the sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden.  Remove from the oven and immediately place chocolate pieces onto the cookie.  Spread evenly. Sprinkle walnuts and sea salt to finish. Gently press the walnuts into the chocolate. Let cool completely and store in the refrigerator until needed.  Cut diagonally into triangles.  Store in an air tight container. 


No comments:

Post a Comment